WWE RAW 8-25-08
- World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk def. JBL in a non-title match
- Kelly Kelly def. WWE Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix
- Primo Colon def. “Charlito”
- World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase def. Jerry “The King” Lawler & “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan
- Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella def. Kofi Kingston
- Batista def. Kane by disqualification
WORLD CHAMPION-CM PUNK vs. JBL
- So we’re going with this match first thing? Wow, although JBL is supremely boring in the ring and on the mic, but to have the World Champion as the curtain jerker on the flag ship show….wow. Not a terribley great match, pretty normal JBL style match. Hopefully the next match will be more interesting or better.
Next up is….oh wow…not an awesome start.KELLY KELLY vs. WOMAN’S CHAMPION- BETH PHOENIX w/ SANTINO MARELLA
- OK, anytime Marella is on screen makes RAW better, but I wish they’d stop doing the they look tentitive and kiss bit. It’s boring. But I have to say KELLY KELLY actually did a good job with the wrestling…surprising. With KELLY winning was actually surprising.
They introduced PRIMO COLON(Carlito’s brother)…It would be a good idea to get rid of the trench coat with no sleeves…it’s lame. Hopefully they give him a actual personality, other than being Carlito’s good guy brother…that’s kinda boring and hard to get behind, unless you bring back Carlito to feud with his little brother. Now I’d watch that.
I’m also going to skip the totally pointless to have the Tag Champs fight JERRY LAWLER and JIM DUGGAN…it was a match just to get to the promo at the end…that actually was funny. JTG calling TED DIBIASE a ‘silly white boy’ was freaking hilarious.
The HBK/Jericho feud is getting long in the tooth. I always get bored when they try to pull a serious storyline, when we all know wrestling is fake. Just come on and pull the trigger, this is by far my least favorite HBK or Jericho feud ever.
Finally we get to a actually interesting match although I know how it’s going to end.
INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHKOFFI KINGSTON vs. SANTINO MARELLA(c)
- This is for the belt, but we all know they’re not going to take off the belt off of their comedy gold, in SANTINO. I feel bad for KOFI, he was on a stellar push…but he’s just kinda one note. At least SANTINO is actually funny. This is the match of the night, in interest level and storyline progression.
We get the news that REY MYSTERIO is going to be in the Championship Scramble, because CENA’s hurt…which doesn’t fit into the lame storyline they were setting up with KANE…RAW needs to get tighter, the storylines…which drive this male soap opera…are SUCKING LATELY.
So now we get the MAIN EVENT…oh yay, this is going to be just two big dudes in the ring…ugh, I never thought I’d miss JOHN CENA.MAIN EVENTBATISTA VS. KANE
- So that happened…it ends in a DQ, and with that they literally wasted the last 10 minutes of the show. That’s the way I feel when they end a NON TITLE Main Event with a DQ, it’s lame. With them not going with the obvious feud that should have happened two months ago, they finally have a one on one match and this is what we get…BOOO. I want CENA back! LOL.
CHARLES’ GRADE: D
PROS:SANTINO MARELLA was funny as usual.And the Beth Phoenix and KELLY KELLY match was the 2nd best match of the night…sad but funny.
CONS:Every match kinda blowed.