WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK 9/10/08
Out of the books coming out on 9/10/08 these are the ones I’m looking forward too and a couple I’m not.
LOOKING FORWARD TO
“Side-by-side with the League of Assassins, Team Arrow finds where Connor Hawke’s been taken , but are they too late to save him?”
- Very good book since the beginning. I will be sad that Batman won’t be in this issue, he was awesome for the last two.
“As Kyle and Guy deal with personal issues on Oa, several Lanterns search for whoever’s been gruesomely removing the eyes of their relatives. Meanwhile, the Guardian known as Scar summons Lantern Saarek for a mission that will lead directly into The Blackest Night.”
- I was sad they killed Bzzt, but this book is still awesome.
“After Diana’s high-profile showdown with the devil is broadcast worldwide, Hollywood comes calling with a surefire proposal: WONDER WOMAN: THE MOVIE! It’s the summer blockbuster to end all blockbusters, but will Diana play along? And will the project get back-burnered permanently by a terrorist with a grudge against the Amazons? “
- I had been enjoying Wonder Woman for about 21 issues before Gail Simone came on and had that really dumb storyline. I’m just glad it’s over, hopefully this next one is better.
“Up against the most unexpected of adversaries in an effort to save one of their own, GeNEXT isn’t going to give up without a fight! The amazing conclusion of the miniseries revealing a world where time has passed for the X-Men in real time, written by legendary X-Scribe Chris Claremont, and drawn by the dynamic Patrick Scherberger! Will this newest class of X-Men survive their first time in the spotlight? “
- Okay I know I’m only into this book for two reasons: The son of Gambit and Rogue is in the book and I still miss the days of Generation X… Hopefully the story will actually start to make sense.
“The rip-roaring teen mini-series comes to a killer climax! The teams are split up, but can they come together and stop the Invasion? Can Hulkling become the Messiah he has been prophesized to be? Is Xavin lost forever? “
- This has been the only part of Secret Invasion I’ve liked…sad.
WHAT I’M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO
“The biggest House of M story is finally revealed: how did Magneto take over the world? He began life as a penniless refugee, but rose to conquer the entire planet…and now Christos Gage (Thunderbolts, House of M: Avengers) and Andrea Di Vito (Annihilation) show you how the Master of Magnetism did it! Witness Magneto’s first battle with the Sentinels…the tragic end of his marriage…and his fight against Apocalypse for leadership of all mutants! The secret history of the House of M unfolds here!”
- Why do they keep doing stories keep getting told…House of M was undone and it was dumb. Nice job Marvel, taking two dumb events and smashing them together.
How do you top last week’s Spider-Mano-a-mano-a-mano? How about with an all-goblin throwdown?! It’s the true goblin taking on the new goblin as NORMAN OSBORN squares off against MENACE! Also: more SPIDEY/THUNDERBOLTS action! And one of Spider-Man’s greatest foes finally uncovers one of his best kept secrets…
- Oh I’m crossing my fingers that I don’t give my first F, because this book has been getting worse and worse with this storyline.