WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO: COMICS 9/24/08
LOOKING FORWARD TO
Description :“Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman lead the heroes of the DCU against the machinations of their malevolent counterparts, resulting in a cataclysmic event that will change the world, but not like anyone involved expects. Plus, Hawkman and Gangbuster make their move to rescue Tarot, and Konvikt breaks loose.”
- This book has been getting steadily better and better. I love Busiek’s take on the DC TRINITY. I really miss him on SUPERMAN, because that book has lost all the steam he built up.
Description : “In the second half of “Li’l Leaguers,” The Man of Steel and The Dark Knight must team up with the Li’l League to battle an army of Li’l Villains. Then, the Li’l Villains meet some of their grownup counterparts as Li’l Lex hatches his plan to take over the world. Don’t miss this issue’s shock ending! “
- I was looking forward to last issue, but it exceeded even my high expectations. So hopefully it just gets better and better.
Description : “Bombshell is back! But wait — isn’t she dead? Whatever the answer, one thing’s for sure: the Teen Titans are gonna have their hands full! Also in this issue: Wonder Girl can feel something terrible on the horizon coming for her and there’s nothing she can do to stop it!”
- This may be a pretty weak team, but I love all the characters involved.
Description : ““Atlas,” part 4! The grand finale of the Atlas epic finds Superman’s foe seemingly victorious! With Superman down for the count, who can stand in the way of the city’s supposed new ruler? Enter Krypto, (Super)man’s best friend, who will do anything to protect his master. Don’t miss Krypto at his most heroic, a worthy addition to the Superman Family – and a very good boy. Plus: A new, magical character settles in Metropolis, just when Superman needs him most. “
- I’m not looking forward to this for the normal reasons. I have hated James Robinson on this book for 3 months now. I’m just glad this storyline will be over and have high hopes for the next storyline to give him time to actually get a handle on these characters because the guy is writing everyone strangely. The only bright spot of his lackluster run so far, is his take on Krypto. I just wish Busiek was back on this book.
Description : “THE DEATH OF THE INVISIBLE WOMAN! Part three: EXODUS “Well, let’s start with the good news. The good news is that the Earth DIDN’T die in the early part of the twenty-first century. It actually survived another five hundred years, thanks to the efforts of Doctor Reed Richards. But when the end times came, it was worse than we imagined. Twelve billion people starved to death, half the world’s cities drowned in the seas and cancer and disease affected almost every living creature. The rich and the powerful disappeared overnight, leaving behind a lawless mess that the world’s remaining super heroes bound together to protect. But it was HOPELESS and we KNEW it. Hence the reason I built the big MACHINE…””
- I have to say I didn’t care for the first arc of Millar’s run, but this second arc is what I expected from Mark Millar on Fantastic Four…Crazy ideas and strange going on’s works for the Fantastic Four.
Description : “Be there when Matt Murdock first encounters a shocking new face — Lady Bullseye! Who is she? Where did she come from? What does she want? And will she be a foe to Daredevil…or a friend? We can’t make a peep yet, but it’s the perfect jumping-on point as an alarming new chapter begins in the acclaimed DAREDEVIL run by Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark! LADY BULLSEYE!!”
- Marvel’s starting to come up with ideas that wouldn’t have even worked in the 90’s (Anti-Venom I’m looking at you) but hopefully Brubaker can make this idea not suck.
Description : “The final chapter of the epic “”Death of Captain America”” saga is here! The New Captain America, the Falcon, the Black Widow, Sharon Carter – all in a final showdown with the Red Skull and his minions for the future of America!”
- I will admit that I love this book, but not nearly as much as when Steve Rogers was Cap. I love Bucky, but to me he’ll never be Captain America…he’s just B.C(Bucky Cap) to me.
Description : “Back on Earth in the middle of the biggest and most insidious alien invasion ever, Richard Rider battles to safeguard the only people he can trust… his family! Rich’s kid brother now works at the famous Project Pegasus… and that means he’s right in the Skrulls’ firing line! It’s blistering cosmic-powered action as the last Nova Centurion stands against an entire Skrull strike force hell-bent on securing Project Pegasus’s secret weapons for themselves! And take it from us, the last page shocker will knock Nova upside his helmet!”
- I’ve loved the Marvel space books(aside from the awful jaunt the X-men took under Brubaker), maybe because they didn’t take place on the currently stupid earth antics of the Marvel Universe. Hopefully NOVA stays off earth a bit longer so he doesn’t catch the suck disease from the earth bound stories.