QUICK FIRE NEWS BITS
Batman: Arkham Asylum Delayed
- Eidos and Warner Bros Interactive have confirmed that the game has been pushed back. Speculation pegged the new date in the fourth quarter of 2009, and many thought that meant a definite holiday release. Eidos has now said the game will actually release at the “end of summer 2009,” which means it has to release by September 21, still (barely) in third quarter. –1UP.COM
Turtles in Time remake coming to XBOX LIVE
- The Turtles in Time remake was unveiled at last week’s “Galabunga” event in New York City (via Ninja Pizza), which had been scheduled to debut the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Party Van. It’s still in alpha, but from the looks of it, it’s already fairly far along. Two playable stages were offered at the event.
- Notable is that this remake does not appear to be based on the Super Nintendo port, but the original arcade game. One difference between the two is that Tokka and Rahzar (from the film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II) were bosses on the pirate ship stage, and not Bebop and Rocksteady. That could mean certain elements are omitted, such as the battle with Rat King and the Technodrome.
- At the moment, it’s scheduled for release on the Xbox 360. A Wii version is apparently also in the works, though it’s unclear whether it’ll be the same sort of remake. –1UP.COM
PRINCE TURNS DOWN DIGITAL LONGEVITY VIA GUITAR HERO
- Prince would rather we put down the plastic controller and pick up the real thing.
- “I ain’t mad at them. I hear it made, like, USD 2 billion and they came to us and offered us a very small portion of that,” the performer said on PBS’ The Tavis Smiley Show (via GameSpot).
- “I just think it’s more important that kids learn how to actually play the guitar.” –1UP.COM